Aptly named, The Vault will be located in the basement of Wellington Vision Care in Westboro, in an old vault space we’ve converted to be the post-mod, exclusive luxury shopping experience of your dreams! We worked with Parallel 45 again to design the interiors, keeping on theme with our clean (but not clinical!) space upstairs, mid-century modern to honour the old fixtures and neighbourhood, and just enough glam to complement the glasses lines we’ll have down there.
Don’t get us wrong, ‘luxury” and “basement” don’t usually go hand in hand, but Sarah Oakley of Parallel 45 has done some amazing work to glam up the space, and our friend Natasha Runions did a custom mural for us to bring everything together. Want to know more? You’ll just have to see it to believe–we’re aiming for an early July launch date, with appointments available for a truly personalized shopping experience.
We’ll showcase some of our favourites and some newer additions to the family, like:
- Cartier: Since its inception in 1887, Cartier has been the name of the game in luxury. Starting in fine gold goods like watches, jewelry, and pens, Cartier has since expanded into eyewear, clothing, leather, and more. Home to iconic, timeless imagery like La Panthere, Santos de Cartier, and more, we’re proud to carry the entire line of ophthalmic and sunglasses.
- Anna-Karin Karlsson: A newcomer on the scene, Anna-Karin Karlsson creates statement pieces that bring luxury to a new level. As an independent eyewear creator, Anna-Karin’s pieces focus on glam in a way that is unique, trendy, and eye-catching without being kitschy. Find her full line of sun and ophthalmic in The Vault, ranging from 24karat gold pieces to hand-set Swarovski diamonds.
- Bottega Veneta: A true Italian icon, Bottega Veneta creates sleek, timeless, classic pieces that are just as good for sunbathing on the Amalfi Coast as they are for running errands (and looking good doing it). Handmade in Italy and Japan, the Bottega house is still in charge of their eyewear line, meaning quality is never eschewed for mass production or sales.
- Oliver Goldsmith: British-based Oliver Goldsmith is keeping the legacy alive since 1926, keeping classic styles and vintage silhouettes with an updated colour palette and feel. As the maker of the iconic Breakfast at Tiffany’s sunnies, it’s no wonder why Oliver Goldsmith has remained a prime name in the game for nearly 100 years.
- Mr. Leight: From the maker of Oliver Peoples comes this updates, luxe version of our classic faves. Oliver Peoples inspired many to take eyewear seriously, and Mr. Leight founder Larry Leight brought his newfound optimism to the brand since Oliver Peoples’ Luxottica takeover. Delicate, handmade, Japanese titanium is paired with the tortoiseshell colourways we’ve come to know and love.
Follow along for updated news on our grand opening. Can’t wait? See many of these brands and more at our Wellington location today.